Monday, April 30, 2018

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, after the marathon (which I completed in 5 hours and 2 minutes thanks to a knee injury) I continued to have a difficult running year picking up multiple other injuries. I ended the year running the Dallas weekend series, running 10K on the Saturday and the half-marathon on the Sunday, both with a torn back muscle. This caused me to have to take a few months off from running. Well, now I'm back and plan to run more, have more fun and do more and try new things. I'm signed up for a few virtual races and runs and also for a 5 mile run. Then in December I will take part in a relay marathon.

I've just signed up for the Running Dementia Down 2018 virtual race. This benefits Alzheimer's UK, a charity I hold dear to my heart. Having lost my Dad to Alzheimer's and with my Mum currently suffering from it when I get a chance to raise awareness and raise a little money I jump at the chance. So I will be running at least 100K between now and the end of August to raise money for them. You can make a donation at https://runningdowndementia2018.everydayhero.com/uk/andytate. During this time I also run a virtual 10K for the Royal wedding and the Dallas 5 mile on July 4th!!!!

Hopefully I will get back to blogging more frequently. Anyway, I will leave this post with a photo of my Mum, the last time she came over to Texas, when we started to realize that she was suffering from Alzheimer's.


No comments:

Post a Comment