Sunday, September 11, 2016

Best Weekend Ever

Wow, the weather Gods are being kind in TX. How many weekend in September start in the very low 70s? The Raising Cane's Retriever Rescue on Saturday started with a temperature of 72F. Made for my fastest 5K to date, 24 minutes 44 seconds for a 3rd place in my age group. Fast forward to this morning. Dropped Nate off at work and then went for a trail run. I was aiming for 8 miles, but it was 74F and I managed a very easy 10 miles in just under 1 1/2 hours. I loaded up on carbs before the run and straight after took a protein shake and the legs feel very refreshed. Learned some sports science yesterday. After a workout/run when the muscles are torn down protein needs to be taken within 30 minutes for the muscles to accept it. After that those proteins are going to be stored in fat, so beware when you take in that protein. Take carbs for fuel, replenish during your run if you need them. Also drink water in small quantities during a long run. A 30 minute or shorter run really doesn't need water during it unless you are really pushing your pace. Roll on the 10K in 2 weeks. I am ready #justdoit!!!!
Wow, I need a haircut. I promise I've shaven now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment