Still plenty of time to get those miles in. I am starting to feel a lot more confident. The fundraising is ticking along. I know I'll reach my goal and hopefully exceed it. So, this Saturday is my next milestone, a 10K here in McKinney called the Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney. The expected weather is a little cooler than this morning which is always nice. Then from there it is onward to the half marathon in December in downtown Dallas. That will be the biggest test. I hope to be running 16 or more miles for my long run by then. If I am, then the half will be a breeze. I keep telling myself that it is all about preparation so that is what I'm doing. To tell you the truth, I am starting to really enjoy running. I've lost 2 inches off my waist and have put on several pounds. My overall health is getting better.
Following my completion of the 2017 London Marathon I thought I'd never be mad enough to do it again, but a friend of mine talked me into it and once again I am on the road to London 2021 (well actually 2022 and it will probably be London And/Or Brighton!!! It really is like starting again, so go ahead and follow my journey.
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
When you just have to run
Its been a couple of days since my last run. Planned to do a long run on Sunday but once I got back from the Leave no Trace course I was teaching I was pretty tired. No problem, get an early night and get up in the morning and do a long run. Yeah, like that will happen, at 2am I get woken with a work emergency. Got back to bed for a couple of hours at 6, so no run. So, it's Tuesday and my 10k is on Saturday. That means no long run until at least Sunday. At least I get a few short runs to loosen up the legs. That's certainly how it felt this morning. A very humid 75F as I pulled on my trainers. I set off for a quick lap of the neighborhood and managed to finally settle in to a 9 minute mile, much slower than usual and a very comfortable pace. I have to keep telling myself, you're not in it to win races, you are working towards completing a marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment