Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Your body tells you how you're doing

Last week was a lot of running. A few slow 10 miles runs, a 7 mile and then on Saturday a 16 mile. Guess my body didn't appreciate it. I vaguely remember rolling my foot about half way through the long run but thought nothing of it. About 2 miles from the end, the foot was giving me a bit of pain. I walked the last mile and rested it for a few days. I went for a walk yesterday and felt great. I bought new running shoes after the long run thinking they may be the cure. Anyway, went for a run this morning and had to give up after a couple of miles with the same pain in the foot. This time it didn't stop when walking. So I went to urgent care and got it looked at. X-Rays look good, but there is swelling and it could a sprained ligament or possibly a stress fracture. Got an appointment next week.
Until then......

Quite a space aged boot. The blue ball is to pump it up. Makes driving the Fiat a little hard. I'll try the Pilot later.

No comments:

Post a Comment