Thursday, February 23, 2017

Compression helps the Muscles

One thing I have found is that by compressing your muscles you get more out of them. This is especially true of the legs.
When I run my long runs I wear a pair of compression tights. They have helped me run further and recover a lot faster. I had just run 15 1/2 miles in this photo. It was a cold day so I swapped my regular baseball cap for a warmer hat. I even wore gloves that day. I wear a hat to keep the sweat out of my eyes.I wear gloves on cold days because I hate running with cold hands.

It's now only 58 days until the marathon and I am almost at the 20 mile run point. That will be the longest I will run before the race. 

As for my fundraising....

Yes, reached my goal. I'm sure it will go higher by the time of the race. I've got my flight booked and will be staying with friends, so now I can simply concentrate on my running and trying to stay fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment