Following my completion of the 2017 London Marathon I thought I'd never be mad enough to do it again, but a friend of mine talked me into it and once again I am on the road to London 2021 (well actually 2022 and it will probably be London And/Or Brighton!!! It really is like starting again, so go ahead and follow my journey.
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Why Protein is essential
Carbohydrates are the fuel that makes you run. That along with electrolytes allow you to run further. I always like to eat a banana before a long run and drink a drink with plenty of carbs. The question is, what about protein? Protein is what helps rebuild our muscles after a long run or work out. Most people know that, but the question is when should you take them. The answer is, within the 30 minutes after you complete your run. Protein is broken down into amino acids which help muscles repair and grow. 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of exercise gives the best help to your aching muscles. After this the amino acid is absorbed into the body as fat. So, don't take on board extra protein just for the sake of it. As with everything, there can be too much of a good thing. Balance is key.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment