So, Sunday, after returning from camp I went for a long run. It was going to be 12 miles, but the weather was great and I was comfortably keeping a just under 9 minute pace. So, in the end I ran 13 1/2 miles. Guess you could say I'm ready for the half marathon in December. Took just under 2 hours and felt great. I had a good soak in the bath to recover the legs. When I got out I was unable to take deep breaths. Very strange. I ended up seeing the Dr on Monday. She tested my lungs and they are very healthy so she sent me to the Cardiologist who did some tests and told me I have a very healthy heart. So guess it was caused by the cooler air causing the lungs some distress, maybe exercise-induced bronchoconstriction. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it. Starting to feel much better. Who knew that you would learn so much about your body just by doing a little running!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment