Following my completion of the 2017 London Marathon I thought I'd never be mad enough to do it again, but a friend of mine talked me into it and once again I am on the road to London 2021 (well actually 2022 and it will probably be London And/Or Brighton!!! It really is like starting again, so go ahead and follow my journey.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Excited and Nervous
Well, this is the first real test and I'm not 100%. This Sunday is the Dallas Half Marathon. I'll be with about 12,000 other runners who are either doing the half or full and it looks like the weather is going to be perfect. The new shoes are working really well. A lot lighter than the old ones and give me better running posture. As I get back to full health I am aiming for a 2 to 2 1/2 hour half marathon. It should probably be closer to 2 but I have to take it a little easier. I can't believe we are down to 137 days until the marathon. I am starting to feel very confident. I came 3rd in my division in the 5K I ran last Friday, which was a miracle since i was coughing so much and struggled to cross the finish line!!! Still, the journey continues. I still need plenty of donations, so please consider making one at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AndyTate. Every little bit helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment