Following my completion of the 2017 London Marathon I thought I'd never be mad enough to do it again, but a friend of mine talked me into it and once again I am on the road to London 2021 (well actually 2022 and it will probably be London And/Or Brighton!!! It really is like starting again, so go ahead and follow my journey.
Sunday, January 15, 2017
when you simply have to tell yourself to run
Today was cold. Today was foggy. Today it was drizzling. I didn't want to run. I had to tell myself, in 14 weeks you are running in the biggest marathon in the world. There are no weeks when you can take the long run off. Get your butt in gear, lace up those shoes and hit the pavement. So, that's what I did. Put on some country music to keep my pace slow and steady, yes I have different genres for different types of runs, fast ones have dance music. Then I stretched, took a gel and water and hit the road. 12 miles later I was so glad I did. I kept an easy pace and felt strong at the end. Next week it is 13 miles. Anyway, here is my run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment