Following my completion of the 2017 London Marathon I thought I'd never be mad enough to do it again, but a friend of mine talked me into it and once again I am on the road to London 2021 (well actually 2022 and it will probably be London And/Or Brighton!!! It really is like starting again, so go ahead and follow my journey.
Sunday, January 8, 2017
Time for the training to get serious
Well, this week has been hard, with temperatures in the teens it has simply been too cold to run. Today it is above freezing for the first time is days. Just in time for my long run. This afternoon I plan to run a gentle 10 miles. I have to tell myself gentle after the last run when I set off at a 5 minute mile pace. I did at least get it back under control by the end, but come on Andy, take it seriously. 9 - 9 1/2 minute miles, 10 if you have to, but no faster. Listen to your body. Make sure you hydrate along the way. Take a gel before hand. After all, 10 miles is not far from a half marathon and is half the distance you plan to run in training, so no more messing around. 104 days to the marathon (14 weeks).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment