Following my completion of the 2017 London Marathon I thought I'd never be mad enough to do it again, but a friend of mine talked me into it and once again I am on the road to London 2021 (well actually 2022 and it will probably be London And/Or Brighton!!! It really is like starting again, so go ahead and follow my journey.
Thursday, August 25, 2016
A Little Tempo Never Hurt Anybody
So, today's run is a quick 10 minute Tempo run. What does that mean? It means you run faster than normal and keep the pace going for the full 10 minutes. It is designed to make you feel challenged and helps to build strength. My goal is a little over 1 1/2 miles but we shall see how it goes. It will be a late night run when it is a little cooler. The 90+ weather is back and the heat certainly saps your energy. add to it the humidity and it is touch. Still, in 16 days, on the 10th September I have my next race, the Raising Cane's 5K, followed by the Crape Myrtle 10K on the 24th September. All this is building to a December half. I will feel so much better once I have the half under my belt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment