Friday, June 10, 2016

Switching to team Phab Kids in the London Marathon

After a lot of thought and sole searching I have decided that Phab Kids is a better team for me to support. Growing up I helped with a club called the LongBow club. This was a club that was created between my high school and a school for physically and mentally disabled children. Each Saturday morning the kids would be brought to our leisure complex where we would do all kinds of sports with them from trampoline to swimming, soccer to gymnastics. It made me so proud and taught me that all kids deserve the best childhood that we can provide. I have been involved with special olympics growing up and also ran discos (yes, I was a DJ) as a residential home for severely disabled youth and young adults.

Disabilities come in many forms, and I am so humbled by those that give their lives to support anyone who has a disability, from the parents to the clubs and organizations, to the care givers.

It is my honor to run for Phab Kids and I hope in my heart that you will all support me and make a donation to this great cause at http://runtoremembertx.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment